In response to the Afghan crisis, our parish has formed a Community Sponsorship Group aimed at helping an Afghan family to resettle in our area and provide friendship and support for the next two years. Although most of the cost of providing a house for this family will be met by the government, we still need to raise £10,000 to support the family. How can you help?
- Do you know of a private landlord who would be happy to rent a property in Witham or Kelvedon to house an Afghan family.
- You could make a personal donation.
- You could organize a fundraising event among your friends.
- You could join the parish Community Support Group and help befriend a family or prepare the house for them.
- You could share this appeal among your contacts.
The process of resettling a refugee family is very complex. For this reason, our Parish Community Sponsorship Group will be working in partnership with Refugee Support Braintree District who have a solid structure and years of experience. Please make cheques payable to St Mary Immaculate and The Holy Archangels and remember to write your Gift Aid number on the back.